In addition to our Summer Coral Reef Ecology Programs in Honduras, Utila and Oahu, Hawaii, we design custom service learning programs for groups of students, age 15+ or educators to help save the seas that sustain us.
Programs can be one to three weeks in length at any threatened marine habitat (such as the coral reef), but always include:
- a field research component that serves local marine conservation needs
- marine ecology instruction necessary to meaningfully engage and undertake the field research component
- scuba instruction and supervision by PADI certified Scuba Instructors (if necessary for your project)
- all travel and logistics
A minimum of twelve students, ages 15+ or a group of educators.We do the rest!
Customized Coral Reef Ecology Programs
If you wish to focus your project on the coral reef, we can make a customized project for you of one to three weeks in duration, depending on your educational goals and budget.
- how diversity is structured on the coral reef
- current threats to the health of the coral reef
- the effects of global warming, fishing, and diving pressures on the reef
- the lionfish invasion
- the role of technology in monitoring
We partner with conservation organizations on the ground in the locale we are working and design a project under the supervision of the local Department of the Environment to make sure that your service learning project is relevant, safe, and serves your educational and social goals.
Contact us at 617-304-4402 to design your own service learning marine conservation project and get started making a difference to the sea.
Ocean Matters is 501(3)c nonprofit corporation and donations are tax-deductible as outlined by law.
Please send me more information!